(1) Applicants must understand and agree to the Participation Guidelines. Change in the race category, cancellation, or refund of the participation fee for personal reasons is not permitted after application.
(2) An individual can apply only once.
(3) Simultaneous participation in the Nagoya City Marathon (Half Marathon and 10km Marathon) is not permitted.
(4) Declaration of false age, gender, or records is prohibited. An unregistered individual is not permitted to run in place of a registered applicant. An individual or group that is discovered to have committed such acts of dishonesty will be disqualified and may be banned from future events.
(5) An applicant can neither assign a person to run in her place nor transfer the right to run. Any applicant who is discovered to have committed such an act will be disqualified and the organizer will not make any compensation in such a case.
(6) In the case where any of the above (2), (3), (4), and (5) applies, the participation fee will not be refunded.
(7) Information provided at the time of application cannot be amended, altered, or cancelled. If there is a problem with the registered information, the Secretariat may contact an applicant by e-mail or phone.
(8) Phone inquiries to the Runner Inquiries Desk or the Secretariat regarding the application status are not accepted.
(9) The organizer will not be responsible for any late application attributable to Internet connection problems.
(10) The draw result will be notified to all applicants on My Page on website. The result will also be sent to the registered e-mail addresses; however, reception of the e-mail will not be verified. The e-mail may not be received due to problems with bulk sending. Applicants are requested to check the status on My Page in mid-November.
(11) The application of an applicant who fails to pay the participation fee prior to the designated date will be automatically cancelled.
(12) In case of cancellation as a result of the course becoming impassable due to snowfall, flooding caused by heavy rains, damage to buildings, etc. caused by strong winds, lightning strikes, tornadoes, fire spreading from buildings surrounding the course, etc., or cancellation due to an earthquake occurred in Japan, only the entry fee will be refunded. No refund will be given in the event of any other cancellation or cutback to the scale of the race. The provisions for switching to an online marathon are as described in Section ① under “Important: Infection Countermeasures against COVID-19” in these guidelines.
(13) The organizer will not be responsible for any delay in arrival to the event and necessary registration procedures due to public transportation or traffic conditions.
(14) The organizer will hold the portrait rights and the rights to publish the event’s images, pictures, articles, records, location information, applicants’ names, age, birth date, addresses (country/prefecture/municipality name) in TV, newspapers, magazines, and websites.
(15) If a runner gets injured or ill during the event, the organizer will provide first-aid for her and, if needed, arrange for emergency transportation. In such a case, the organizer will provide the runner’s name, address, and contact information to the medical institution and emergency responders. A runner will agree in advance that if she is taken to a hospital, the organizer can request the hospital to disclose her healthcare status.
(16) The organizer will not be responsible for any injury, sickness, loss of personal belongings, or accident during the event beyond the administration of emergency first-aid relief unless such is caused by the organizer’s intention or gross negligence. However, in the case of slight negligence on behalf of the organizer, the organizer will be liable up to the insured amount.
(17) The organizer will handle the personal information of participants in accordance with the laws and regulations related to personal information protection. A runner will agree in advance that the organizer can use the personal information for the purposes of inviting participants, notifying records, providing related information, offering services from sponsors, supporters, and concerned organizations, publicizing records (ranking), and others, in order to provide better services to participants.
(18) The event will be carried out in accordance with all relevant laws of Japan.
(19) The event will be carried out in accordance with the abovementioned terms of application and other race regulations set forth by the organizer.