(1) Applicants must understand and agree to these Application Guidelines before applying for this race. No changes to events (race distance), cancellations, or refunds of entry fees for personal reasons shall be accepted after application.
(2) Duplicate applications by the same person are not permitted.
(3) Simultaneous participation in the Nagoya City Marathon is not permitted.
(4) False declarations of age, gender, records, etc., or participation of unregistered persons in place of the registered applicants (foul participation) are prohibited. Any individual or group discovered to have committed foul participation will not only be disqualified but may also be banned from entries to future editions of this race.
(5) No substitute participation or transfers of entry rights are allowed at this race. Any applicant who is discovered to have committed such an act will be disqualified, and the Organizers will not provide any compensation.
(6) In the event that falls within the above (2), (3), (4), or (5), the entry fee will not be refunded after application.
(7) The information provided at the time of application may not be amended, altered, or cancelled after submission. If there is a problem with the registered information, the Administrative Office will contact the applicant by email or phone.
(8) Phone inquiries to the Runner Call Center or the Administrative Office regarding the application status are not accepted.
(9) The Organizers will not be responsible for any delays in application attributable to Internet connection problems, etc.
(10) Failure to pay the entry fee by the designated date will result in automatic cancellation and ineligibility to participate in the race.
(11) In the event of cancellation due to an impassable race course caused by snow accumulation, rising water due to heavy rain, damage to buildings due to strong winds, lightning strikes, tornadoes, or fires in buildings near the course, or an earthquake in Japan, only the entry fee will be refunded. No refunds will be made in the event of any other cancellation or reduction to the scale of the race. In the event that the race is switched to the Online Marathon, the measures to be taken shall be as described in (3) under the “[IMPORTANT] INFECTION COUNTERMEASURES AGAINST COVID-19” section in these guidelines.
(12) The Organizers will not be responsible for any late arrivals to the event or necessary registration procedures due to delays in public transportation or traffic conditions.
(13) The Organizers reserve the portrait rights and the rights to publish videos, photographs, articles, records, and location information during the event and applicants’ names, ages, birth dates, addresses (country, prefecture, or city/town/village), etc. on TV, newspapers, magazines, and websites.
(14) In case of injury or illness of a participating runner during the event, the Organizers will provide first aid to the runner and, if necessary, arrange emergency transportation. In such cases, the Organizers will provide the runner’s name, address, contact information, medical history, etc., to the medical institution and emergency responders. All participants shall be deemed to have agreed that the Organizers will request the hospital to which the participant has been transported to disclose her medical information.
(15) The Organizers will not be liable for any injury, illness, loss of personal belongings, or accident during the event in any way beyond the administration of emergency first-aid relief unless such is caused by the Organizers’ intentional act or gross negligence. However, in case of slight negligence of the Organizers, the Organizers will be liable up to the insured amount.
(16) The Organizers will handle the personal information of participants in compliance with the laws and regulations for the protection of personal information. Participants shall agree in advance that the Organizers will use such information to provide participation information, notify records and related information, provide services from event sponsors, supporters, and relevant organizations, and announce the results (rankings), etc., for the purpose of improving the quality of services to participants.
(17) This event shall be conducted in compliance with all relevant laws of Japan.
(18) In addition to the above Terms of Application, this event will be conducted in accordance with the race instructions set forth separately by the Organizers.