(1) Applicants must understand and agree to the terms of application. Change in the race category, cancellation, or refund of the participation fee for personal reasons is not permitted after application.
(2) An individual can apply only once.
(3) Simultaneous participation in the Nagoya City Marathon (Half Marathon and Quarter Marathon) is not permitted. An individual can apply for only one race category. Applications for multiple race categories will be invalidated.
(4) Declaration of false age, gender, or records is prohibited. An unregistered individual is not permitted to run in place of a registered applicant. An individual or group that is discovered to have committed such acts of dishonesty will be disqualified and may be banned from future events.
(5) An applicant can neither assign a person to run in her place nor transfer the right to run. Any applicant who is discovered to have committed such an act will be disqualified and the organizer will not make any compensation in such a case.
(6) In the case where any of the above (2), (3), (4), and (5) applies, the participation fee will not be refunded.
(7) Information provided at the time of application cannot be amended, altered, or cancelled. If there is a problem with the registered information, the Secretariat may contact an applicant by e-mail or phone.
(8) Phone inquiries to the Entry Center or the Secretariat regarding the application status are not accepted.
(9) The organizer will not be responsible for any late application attributable to Internet connection problems.
(10) The draw result will be notified to all applicants on My Page in mid-September (scheduled). The result will also be sent to the registered e-mail addresses; however, reception of the e-mail will not be verified. The e-mail may not be received due to problems with bulk sending. Applicants are requested to check the status on My Page in mid-September.
(11) The application of an applicant who fails to pay the participation fee prior to the designated date will be automatically cancelled.
(12) In case the event is cancelled due to earthquake, windstorm, flood, snow, accidents, or diseases, the participation fee will not be refunded.
(13) The organizer will not be responsible for any delay in arrival to the event and necessary registration procedures due to public transportation or traffic conditions.
(14) The organizer will hold the portrait rights and the rights to publish the event’s images, pictures, articles, records, location information, applicants’ names, age, birth date, addresses (country/prefecture/municipality name) in TV, newspapers, magazines, and websites.
(15) If a runner gets injured or ill during the event, the organizer will provide first-aid for her and, if needed, arrange for emergency transportation. In such a case, the organizer will provide the runner’s name, address, and contact information to the medical institution and emergency responders. A runner will agree in advance that if she is taken to a hospital, the organizer can request the hospital to disclose her healthcare status.
(16) The organizer will not be responsible for any injury, sickness, loss of personal belongings, or accident during the event unless such is caused by the administration of emergency first-aid relief and the organizer’s intention or gross negligence.
(17) The organizer will handle the personal information of participants in accordance with the laws and regulations related to personal information protection. A runner will agree in advance that the organizer can use the personal information for the purposes of inviting participants, notifying records, providing related information, offering services from sponsors, supporters, and concerned organizations, publicizing records (ranking), and others, in order to provide better services to participants.
(18) The event will be carried out in accordance with all relevant laws of Japan.
(19) The event will be carried out in accordance with the abovementioned terms of application and other race regulations set forth by the organizer.